There are a number of reasons to advertise on Facebook, ranging from creating brand awareness or building an online community to generating buzz around a promotion and increasing website visitors. Ultimately people should want the product or service you’re advertising.
So, how can you do this effectively? Follow these five best practices to create social media and Facebook ads that are compelling to achieve success:
- Know why you are running Facebook Ads. Before setting out to spend time, effort and money determine what you want to achieve. Depending on your goals and purpose you can run campaigns to build awareness or achieve increased website clicks.
- Display images of people using your product. When your ad shows up in someone’s newsfeed, it should feel like it belongs there. Keep in mind, your image is competing for attention among stories from friends and family.
- As per Facebook’s Advertising Policies, make sure your ad images dedicate less than 20% of pixels to text. You can determine this by using the grid tool to check your photos. Images with minimal text keep the focus clear and uncluttered, which can increase engagement. That’s why, while 20% is the maximum text that can be included in an ad, many businesses choose to include even less text or eliminate it.
- Make sure the images you use are high resolution as these are more likely to grab attention than low resolution or pixelated pictures. They are a great opportunity to showcase your product, service or business. By using creative, high resolution images you can convey that you care about how your business is perceived.
- Include a call-to-action to tell your customers what you want them to do. Refer back to the purpose of your campaign and encourage a relevant action accordingly. For example if you want to drive local awareness use ‘Get Directions’ or ‘Call Now’. If you want achieve website clicks: ‘ Book Now’, ‘Apply Now’, ‘ Contact Us’, ‘Learn More’ or ‘Sign Up’ are more appropriate.
These five tips will help you create Facebook Ads that will reach and engage with more current and potential customers. If this is something you’d like assistance with, get in touch with our friendly team today!