93% of online experiences begin on a search engine. If you’re not at the top of the search results, you are missing out on a lot of clicks and valuable visibility for your business. Set aside some time this month to review important Search Engine Optimisation factors for your business.
This Month’s Marketing Must: SEO
Want your business to get found on the top search engines? Then SEO is a must. SEO helps you rank on Google and get more traffic to your website, which can give your business a real boost.
- Check all your metadata – meaning your title tags and meta descriptions – on your website are filled in and contain relevant keywords for your business.
- Test the links on your site to make sure they go to live pages instead of broken links with 404 errors.
- Review the content on your site – does it make sense? Is it clear what your business does?
- It’s that time of the season to reassess your web presence by doing a quick search for your brand name and taking note of what shows up – does everything look good?
- Google are implementing their Page Experience Update this month, so make sure your website is ready!
May Marketing & Promotion Ideas
- Take some time to make sure you’ve responded to all your business’s reviews so far this year.
- Launch a customer loyalty program, if you don’t already have one, to reward your customers and keep them coming back.
- Run a Mother’s Day sale or promotion to capitalise on sons and daughters shopping for their mums. Alert your existing customers via email and promote on your social media profiles.
Social Calendar Highlights:
📅 May 04 – 💫️ Star Wars Day #Maythe4thBeWithYou
To all the Star Wars fan out there. This is YOUR day. Wear your Wookie costume or bring your lightsaber and share the on social media with #starwarsday and #maythe4thbewithyou.
📅 May 08 – 👩👧👦️ Mother’s Day
Shout out to all the mums on social media – share a special message, and include a picture with you and your mum, or you and your kids if you’re a mum! #mothersday
📅 May 28 – 🍔 National Burger Day
Always a good excuse to gather with your colleagues, clients or friends for a nice (veggie?) burger! Share your pictures on social media and tag #nationalburgerday
ReachLocal’s Digital Marketing Consultants are marketing experts and will work with you to implement campaigns that achieve your businesses’ specific goals and objectives. Leave your details here, and one of our friendly team will give you a call.
More 2022 Marketing Guides: