73% of millennials prefer communications from businesses to come via email. Email marketing is an easy, effective, and inexpensive way for businesses to reach a large number of potential customers. This month spend some time reviewing your businesses email marketing strategy, and come up with some new and creative approaches to win over consumers.
This Month’s Marketing Must: Email Marketing
Who’s got mail? With email marketing, the answer is your customers! Email marketing can help you engage existing customers and reach new potential customers right in their inbox.
- Use targeted email marketing to segment your audience and personalise your email messages to increase open rates
- Make sure your subject line is catchy, straightforward, and enticing
- Keep your email marketing messages short and sweet – leading with a deal or promotion never hurts and always intriguing to the audience
August Marketing & Promotion Ideas
- It’s not too early to start thinking about your holiday marketing plan – outline your specials and promotions now and let your marketing partner know what you’re planning.
- Everyone appreciates a good pen or tote bag – consider giving out promotional materials to your customers to stay top-of-mind
- Post on social media about your favourite cause, and why it’s important to you on World Humanitarian Day on August 19. This day is all about giving back, so a monetary contribution from your business would go a long way toward helping a humanitarian cause you are passionate about.
Social Calendar Highlights:
📅 Aug 13- 👈 International Left-Handers Day
Today is a special day to bring awareness, educate and celebrate all things “lefty”! Did you know, 10-12% of the world’s population are left-handed? It may often be overlooked but even handedness can make a percentage of the population feel ‘different’, especially when most of the world is structured for right-handers, from notebooks, scissors to computer keyboards and mice. Let’s take today to consider upon diversity, inclusion and things that we can overcome together! Give a massive shoutout to the coolest “lefty” legends in your life. #diversity #Internationallefthandersday
📅 Aug 13 – ️ 🔴👃 Red Nose Day
Funds raised on Red Nose Day over the last 32 years have resulted in an incredible 85 percent reduction in sudden infant death. That’s 10,857 babies saved and counting. Red Nose Day sparked a global movement and catalyzed research into the reasons why babies die suddenly in their sleep. #rednoseday
📅 Aug 15 – 🍵 National Relaxation Day
Share your favourite tips for relaxing, a relaxation playlist, or a local business – like a spa – that helps you unwind. Spas – this is a great day for you to share testimonials from customers who you’ve helped relax or just an overview of what you offer. #nationalrelaxationday
ReachLocal’s Digital Marketing Consultants are marketing experts and will work with you to implement campaigns that achieve your businesses’ specific goals and objectives. Leave your details below, and one of our friendly team will give you a call.
More 2021 Marketing Guides: