Tis’ the season to be jolly! With online shopping experiences being twice as satisfying as brick-and-mortar spending, the eCommerce market is expected to see strong year-on-year growth for the foreseeable future. If you’re in the retail space, you don’t want to miss out on this opportunity.
This Month’s Marketing Must: eCommerce Marketing
One digital advertising tactic that should, absolutely, be on your radar is Shopping Ads. These ads are designed to help retailers capture the attention of consumers all along the customer journey and can be a powerful component in your e-commerce marketing strategy.
- Shopping Ads use your product titles and descriptions to decide whether your item is a good match for a search query, so the more relevant information you provide, the more likely your ads are to show.
- To further optimise your feed, add attributes such as colour, gender, size or model type. Make sure the most important information first, as long ad text may get cut off. Every piece of information helps match your Shopping Ads to the right potential customer.
- Check the Impression Share metrics of your campaign to understand how competitive your ads are. It will show you how many times your ad showed, versus how many times it could have shown. If your competitors are constantly outbidding you, you may want to consider increasing your budget.
December Marketing & Promotion Ideas
- Create a holiday gift guide for your customers with your products and services as well as related products and services from local businesses.
- Take a minute to update your holiday hours on your listings, website, and your social media sites. This will go a long way for customers!
- Finalise your marketing plan for 2022 – what’s worked well this year? What do you want to accomplish next year?
Social Calendar Highlights:
📅 Dec 01 – ☀️ Start of Summer!
Everyone loves a HOT summer sale! Take advantage of the season by advertising a sale, event or new product with bright colours and summer-themed visuals. #summersale
📅 Dec 17 – 🎅 Ugly Sweater Day
Have your team wear their ugliest holiday sweaters and share pictures on social media. Consider giving a discount to any customers who come in wearing their best ugly sweater! #uglysweaterday
📅 Dec 31 – 🥳 New Year’s Eve
Share your New Year’s resolutions with your social media audience and ask them to share theirs! #nye2021
ReachLocal’s Digital Marketing Consultants are marketing experts and will work with you to implement campaigns that achieve your businesses’ specific goals and objectives. Leave your details here, and one of our friendly team will give you a call.
More 2021 Marketing Guides: