February may be the shortest month of the year, but it’s packed full of opportunities to promote your business and connect with consumers in creative ways. Here are some strategic and fun ideas for marketing your business this month.
This Month’s Marketing Must: Local Listings
A whopping 68% of people would stop working with a local business if they found incorrect info in their local listings. How do your listings look online? They’re an important part of your online presence because they show up in local searches, house ratings and reviews, and can increase your visibility on search engines.
- Make sure your business is listed on all the top local listing sites
- Do a quick search for your business name and check that the listings that show up have the correct information about your business
- Keep your business name, address, and phone number consistent across all your listings. Consistency is an important ranking factor!
- Regularly monitor your listings for new reviews and try to respond within 24 hours
February Marketing & Promotion Ideas
- Run a Valentine’s Day sale or promotion to show your customers how much you love them. Send this to your existing customers via email, so they get a little love in their inbox.
- Why not share the love with other local businesses this valentine’s day! Your restaurant could team up with a local florist to offer a dining package which comes with a beautiful bouquet at your table on arrival, or create an all-day experience with a couple’s massage followed by a drinks package at a nearby bar.
- February is also International Childhood Heart Disease awareness month, so share resources via your social sites or customer newsletter to educate your audience. You could even consider ways your business could raise much needed funds for organisations like Heart Kids.
Social Calendar Highlights:
📅 February 07 – ✍ Waitangi Day (New Zealand)
The national day of New Zealand, marking the anniversary of the initial signing of the Treaty of Waitangi which is regarded as the founding document of the nation. Don’t forget to share images of how you’re celebrating on social media, and if you’re closing for the public holiday, make sure to update your operating hours on your Google My Business profile! #waitangiday
📅 February 14 – 💖 Valentine’s Day
Share your Valentine’s Day specials or promotions on your social sites. Target those last-minute shoppers with same-day or express delivery options, or e-voucher gift ideas. #valentinesday
📅 February 17 – 🍀 Random Act of Kindness Day
Even the smallest act of kindness can change a life. Be part of the movement and brighten someone’s day. Share your story and encourage your audience to share theirs and reward them with a special discount code or promotional offer. #explorethegood #makekindnessthenorm #randomactsofkindnessday
ReachLocal’s Digital Marketing Consultants are marketing experts and will work with you to implement campaigns that achieve your businesses’ specific goals and objectives. Leave your details here, and one of our friendly team will give you a call.
More 2021 Marketing Guides: