2020 is finally over and it’s time to plan for success as the new year begins! Here are some key marketing moments for your business to make the most of this month.
This Month’s Marketing Must: Website Overhaul
86% of consumers won’t buy from a company with a poorly designed website. Start the year off right by taking a look at your business website. Don’t have one yet? Looking a little outdated? Now’s the time to invest! Your website is the hub for your business, and the foundation for all your other digital marketing strategies.
- Make sure your website is responsive – meaning it looks great on desktop, mobile, and tablets
- Check that your contact information is prominently displayed on your homepage and most other pages on your site
- Test a few links and your contact form to make sure customers can easily reach you if they try
January Marketing & Promotion Ideas
- Run a 21% off sale to celebrate the year 2021.
- Make New Year’s resolutions for your business and, if applicable, share them with your customers on social media or through email marketing.
- Write a holiday wrap-up post for your company blog or social sites – include pictures of how you and your team celebrated.
Social Calendar Highlight
📅 January 13 – 💭 Make Your Dream Come True Day
Share how you or one of your team members has had a dream come true – whether it’s a goal you reached or a milestone you celebrated. Ask your audience what dream they want to come true this year. #dreamcometrue
📅 January 21 – 💁♂️ Get to Know Your Customers Day
What are your customers really like, and what do they like? Ask them! Engage with the people who love your business best. #gettoknowyourcustomersday
📅 January 26 – ⭐ Australia Day
Stay away from controversial topics, and focus on celebrating Australian-run businesses this January 26th! Put some Aussie spirit into your marketing ideas by introducing fun colloquial language into your content or use this day to celebrate the cultural diversity of your team. #straya
ReachLocal’s Digital Marketing Consultants are marketing experts and will work with you to implement campaigns that achieve your businesses’ specific goals and objectives. Leave your details below, and one of our friendly team will give you a call.
More 2021 Marketing Guides: