Your audience spends so much time online. A targeted display advertising campaign is a great way to find and promote your business to them. People usually need to see a message 7x on average before they take action, and those who are retargeted by banner ads are 70% more likely to convert. If your business is not utilizing the power of display advertising, it’s time to start!
This Month’s Marketing Must: Display Advertising
It’s now easier than ever to find your target audience while they browse the web, scroll their social feeds, and watch videos online. Consider starting off by remarketing to your past customers and website visitors to bring them back to your site through display advertising. It is a form of digital advertising where your ads are shown on various websites, like a local news site or shopping site, typically in a banner form.
- Make the most of remarketing lists and lookalike audience targeting options.
- Include animated visuals to grab your audience’s attention by simply changing out images, text, and offers
- Users have an average interaction time of just 9.31 seconds. Avoid pushing more than one message or product.
- Combine Display with other digital marketing solutions like Search and SEO to boost conversion rates.
July Marketing & Promotion Ideas
- Hold a winter-themed Instagram contest or giveaway. Be inspired by the winter solstice or get behind the Christmas in July trend. The prize could be a gift card or product from your store, or a free service. Instagram giveaways are a great way to give your account a follower boost. Use a #hashtag so that your contest is easily found on social media.
- Shark Week 2021 starts July 11th! How do sharks find things online? They surf the fin-ternet. Get in the spirit of Shark Week with some fin-tastic puns or jaws-ome jokes in your social media posts.
- July is ‘Plastic Free July’ Month – share sustainability initiative that your company is doing or your favourite eco-friendly tips and brands (and where to get them – locally!).
Social Calendar Highlights:
📅 July 01-31 – 🌏️ Plastic Free July
It is a global movement that helps millions of people be part of the solution to plastic pollution – so we can have cleaner streets, oceans, and beautiful communities. Will you be part of Plastic Free July by choosing to refuse single-use plastics? #plasticfreejuly #sustainable #ecofriendly
📅 July 15 – 💞 National Give Something Away Day
This is the perfect day for a Facebook or Instagram giveaway! Run a social media contest and choose a winner to give something away to. #givesomethingawayday
📅 July 17 – 😎 World Emoji Day
Pop Quiz: What was the Oxford Dictionary’s Word of the Year for 2015? Answer: It was the “😂” emoji.
In today’ digital age, communication has gone far beyond just text. Emojis have become a crucial part of communication when emphasising a message or expressing emotions. #worldemojiday
ReachLocal’s Digital Marketing Consultants are marketing experts and will work with you to implement campaigns that achieve your businesses’ specific goals and objectives. Leave your details here, and one of our friendly team will give you a call.
More 2021 Marketing Guides: