March is the time national football league’s start up again, the leaves begin to change colour and temperatures start to drop. Between these and many other themes, there are plenty of opportunities to connect with your audience. This month, we’re focusing on getting the most out of social media marketing.
This Month’s Marketing Must: Social Media
Are you using your business’s social media sites to their fullest potential? 60% of users say they discover new businesses on Instagram. Your social media profiles give you a place to directly engage with your target audience and loyal customers – so they shouldn’t be ignored!
- Take a minute to refresh your social media pages with new images, a high-res logo, and up-to-date business information.
- Try out different types of social posts to see which perform best for your audience – do they like pictures, carousels or videos/reels better than written content?
- Create a schedule so you’re regularly posting on your social media platforms.
March Marketing & Promotion Ideas
- Run a St. Patrick’s Day special with 17% off services or products and have fun with the colour green in your advertising imagery.
- In March we celebrate International Women’s Day. Join in by sharing motivational quotes from inspirational women on your social media pages.
- Celebrate your employees this month by taking a group photo and giving them a shout out on your social media, or go old school with a ‘thank you’ note or round of coffees in the office – your employees are the backbone of your business!
- Spruce up the ‘About Us’ page on your website to make sure it accurately conveys your brand story.
Social Calendar Highlights:
📅 March 05 – ✍ Employee Appreciation Day
A day for companies to thank their employees for their hard work and efforts throughout the year and to strengthen the bond between boss and employee. #employeeappreciation #dreamteam
📅 March 08 – 👭 International Women’s Day
Happy International Women’s Day 2021! This year’s theme #ChooseToChallenge calls us to be bold to call out gender bias and inequality and intentionally seek to celebrate the achievement of the amazing women around us. #IWD2021 #ChooseToChallenge
📅 March 20 – 😄 International Happiness Day
Use today as an opportunity to ask your audience to share what makes them happy – it can be a picture, a post, or a video. You can even turn it into a contest and choose one winner to make extra happy! #internationaldayofhappiness #goodvibes
ReachLocal’s Digital Marketing Consultants are marketing experts and will work with you to implement campaigns that achieve your businesses’ specific goals and objectives. Leave your details below, and one of our friendly team will give you a call.
More 2021 Marketing Guides: